Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bookin' it...

When I open a book, all I'm thinking about is what is written on the pages, not how the pages are actually sewn together or how the cover is attached to them. I really only considered the creative process; writing, illustrating, ect. I never considered the mechanical process, which happens to be just as vital. 


In this workshop I get to see step by step how a book is put together. It's really interesting. It's such am involved process that takes time, patience, and precision. One small mistake can completely screw everything up, but if you do everything right, the result is pretty cool. I am learning so much but I am also having  loads of fun. I feel a real sense of satisfaction when looking at my book complete with pages and a cover, and knowing that it started off as some sheets of paper and cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment