Monday, March 28, 2011

Dirty Dancin...

Today, we skipped the technique and went straight to the fun stuff; hip hop! I've taken a hip hop class once or twice, but I've never really studied it (although I've always wanted to). What I've learned from my past experiences, is I'm not exactly a natural (to put it gently). The thing with hip hop is that it's the polar opposite of what I've been studying my whole life. You have to completely throw all of your ballet technique out the window (which is so refreshing, but yet so hard). So I went into the workshop hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. I am glad to say, I was pleasantly surprised. When I looked in the mirror, I didn't look like a spastic chicken at all; I was sort of getting the hang of it... and most importantly, I was having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment