Thursday, September 8, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...

Back to shcool means back to the blog. 

When I signed on to my blog for the first time in, well, a really long time, I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page, and what did I find? My very first blog post posted exactly one year ago. As I read it, I was brought back to that first day of high school, and that first time I walked through the STAC room doors. I remember feeling, well, pretty much everything! Excitement, curiosity, fear, and kind of overwhelmed. I guess a more suitable term to describe it would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. And now, walking into the STAC room doors for the probably the 43234092nd time, I'm still sorta feeling that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious feeling, except it feels different this time, well sort of. I guess it's the same minus the fear and overwhelmingness (if that's a word?) . Now I have to apologize for my current lack of ability to express my self with actual words. I guess it's the result of a blogging free summer, clearly I'm a little rusty.
Well speaking of expressing myself, I guess it's a good time to talk about what we did today. Our project for the day was to create yet another mural. We all started with pencil and wrote our names, then we branched out and wrote something we loved, and the branched out from there and wrote we loved about that, and then what we loved about that and I think you get the point. When I pictured this in my head I was picturing a white wall, with lots of small, separate webs. So we started to write. You know, I was surprised at how hard it was to actually think of what ever it was that I loved, but then once I thought of it, it was extremely easy to think of  why I loved it. It was strange how that worked, isn't it? It really puzzled me and I'm not exactly sure what to make of it. So, I was making my web and something happened that I was not expecting. My web was beginning to intertwine with other webs, and it was happening so naturally, like it was supposed to happen. There's really only one explanation for it, we all are a lot more similar than we thought. It makes sense considering we all have a passion for the arts, but since we are all so different, it's easy to forget that, at the end of the day, we are all pretty much the same, and stepping back at the end of the day to see our mural, not being able to tell where one web ended and one began, it became very, very clear. It was really cool, no, more than that... 

it was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.




5 comments:

  1. A marvelous post. You are growing up quite nicely, brain wise.

    Did you surprise yourself at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, as a matter of fact I surprise myself quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rusty? No, this was an awesome post. You talked about the wall the same way I thought of it as well. Which goes back to what you said, we're all similar. I also found it ironic how we were right next to each other during the process and felt the same way about the entire experience.

    "You know, I was surprised at how hard it was to actually think of what ever it was that I loved, but then once I thought of it, it was extremely easy to think of why I loved it. It was strange how that worked, isn't it?"

    My favorite line. Because it is so true. Strange, but so true. It's hard to think of what we really love, but once we do, saying why we love it becomes effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree so much that the hardest part was coming up with thing I loved. I wanted to be honest but I didn't want to pick something simple or something too specific. I tried to ignore all of that and just pick the things I knew I loved and not worry about what other people would think. It was incredibly easier than I expected to figure out why I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, who knew we would all have such a similar experience?!

    ReplyDelete