Monday, May 7, 2012

A Community...

It's always been there, and I've always been using it, but I'm just now becoming aware of it. 
Artistically, of course the community is helpful, but I have to admit, I don't really know how to use it in that regard just yet. I guess it's like a new tool that I just have to get a handle on.
The emotional/mental aspect of community is what I'm getting total use of. It's basically like having a group of friends, who truly understand you. Maybe not who you are as a person, but who you are as an artist (or maybe thats the same thing, I'm not quit sure). Friday was the first day that I was really aware of my use of community, and how helpful it is. Sarah, Viviana, Grace, and I were all sitting around discussing our ideas for our projects. I think my explanation of my project sounded something like "I want to do monologues working on my film acting, but I'm not sure what monologues to do or how I want to present them." So clearly I still have a lot to figure out. Artistically, my community did help me come up with some ideas, but like I said before, where they really helped me was on the emotional/mental side of it all. I felt like I had a support-system, someone to have my back, and most importantly someone to cheer me on. Lately I've been feeling a bit lost. I mean I know exactly what I want, but for reasons that I cant explain, I don't know how to go about getting it. It's a strange feeling. It's like understanding everything but having nothing make sense. My head is in the clouds ,and its not quit clear and sunny but it isn't overcast either. I don't really know. Maybe the thing to do is to just stop thinking. Even so, it's comforting to know someone is there to listen to your crazy thoughts, and better yet, understand them better than you can yourself. If nothing more, it's comforting to know my Community is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment