Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's Busby Berkley...


I'm intrigued, I'm entertained, but most of all, I'm inspired. 

These musical numbers are unlike anything I've ever seen. They almost don't seem real, like optical illusions or something you would see in a dream. I am completely amazed that someone could possibly come up with these concepts and ideas.

This Saturday night, I experienced first hand how hard choreographing a dance number really is. I am the choreographer for a 3rd through 6th grade production of The Wizard of Oz, and this weekend I was choreographing the Munchkin Land Song. As I was standing in the middle of my living room, completely at a lost of how to even begin, I was thinking, how does Busby Berkley do it? It’s amazing; all Busby Berkeley had to do was simply sit in the bathtub with a glass of champagne and would instantly be creating these masterpieces, where as I was helplessly sitting in my living room completely racking my brain and coming up with absolutely nothing. And when I finally did come up with something, it was definitely nothing special. I now have a greater appreciation for Busby Berkley. He was truly a genious, and he is officially my inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations for taking on a hard task! I couldn't even imagine choreographing anything yet...
    Yes, it is amazing how berkley coordinated all of that dancing, but he also did it in such a way that they formed all of those shapes

    ReplyDelete