Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just do it...

I don't really have much to say. Today I didn't do any acting, I just watched. It was interesting but I'm not really sure if I learned anything. It was pretty boring. I don't know if this is selfish but I'm really not concerned with anybody else's experience. The only thing I get out of watching other's is I begin to compare myself to them. If I got one out of today is there is nothing more valuable than experience. No amount of research or discussion can replace it. When it comes to acting, just do it. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I wouldn't be concerned about what others do either, unless they were doing things that 1) worked really well, in which case I would steal; or 2) did things that didn't work, in which case I would avoid.

    You will be sitting and watching in acting classes more than you will ever get up and act in acting classes, so you must find a way to make watching productive.

    Discuss what others are doing, discuss what you are thinking, but don't cop out and sit there bored. If you're comparing yourself to them, then discuss what you would or wouldn't do.

    ReplyDelete