Sunday, April 14, 2013

Next...

What do I have planned for 4th quarter? I think it's pretty simple. I want to get better and the only way to do that is to practice. The only problem is, I'm still not so sure what form this "practice" should come in. To be honest, I don't think I really got much better this quarter. Don't get me wrong, this quarter wasn't a total bust, I feel like I learned a lot about myself and that's definitely worth something. However, when it comes to my acting, I might've learned a bit about my problems but I don't think I improved. It felt like the blind leading the blind. Both me and Kadambari hardly any experience rehearsing, staging, and performing a scene all by ourselves. We both needed help, and we both wanted to help each other, but we didn't know how. It was like we were stuck in quick sand, but we weren't necessarily sinking, we were just stuck in place (but quit frankly I'd almost rather be sinking because at least then we'd be going somewhere). So I definitely don't want a repeat of this quarter, but I definitely want to act. Like I said before all I want to do is to get better. If that means working all quarter to get only a fraction of an inch closer to becoming the kind of actress I aspire to be then so be it, but never the less I want that quarter of inch more then anything. An intelligent man once said (I'm paraphrasing here) that there's no such thing as staying still. To put it bluntly, you're either getting better, or you're getting worse, you can't stay the same. That's a scary thought. I don't want to get worse! So the only option is to get better, and again I wish I knew what that meant. Maybe I need to read more? At the very least I could expand my mind if not improve my skill. I think I would like to read about Sanford Meisner. I really don't know anything about him and I really enjoyed the repeating exercises so I think that's a good place to start. I also don't want to spend my whole quarter reading. Why would I want to simply read about acting when I can get up and try it for myself? 10,000 words can't take the place of 10,000 hours. Well, like I said it's a good place to start.

I'm sorry I don't have a clear cut plan, but I guess I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment