Monday, November 11, 2013

Big Think, again...

Babies are better scientists than adults. That honestly doesn't surprise me. Apparently it's because babies have more neural and synapses connections being formed than adults do. I just think it's because babies are more curious that adults are. Every thing is new for them so everything excites them. They see something that they don't know about and they want to learn more. They have a passion for learning that we loose as we get older. Even as a 17 year old, I merely accept what I don't know. My interest in learning is limited to simply finding out more about what I already know. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing all the time. It means I am always working to get better and improving my skills. But it's also kind of sad. Things that we have no clue about should excite us, but they don't. There are two explanations for this: either humans are scared or lazy. I think it's a little bit of both. I think humans are born as close to perfection as they ever will be. They are pure, clean, and untouched. But as they grown they are tainted and torn and stained. As we grow up we become less and less perfect. Part of this imperfection is our lack of curiosity. Those of us who this doesn't apply to are not more perfect than the next guy, they simply work harder at overcoming it. They don't allow their laziness or fear to get in the way. 
The moral of the story? Don't ever grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment