Monday, November 11, 2013

Big Think...

Going along with the theme of religion... Who's to say that god exists? Who's to say that he/she doesn't?
How can any one say "I know there is no god". But how can anyone say "I know confidently there is a god". There's no way to prove it and there's no way to disprove. This further proves that religion is a bunch of rubbish but it also proves that you can't truly ride it off. Religion was created to explain why things are the way they are but Religion itself can't be explained. Therefore Religion doesn't really serve it's purpose but at the same time who are we to determine it's purpose if we don't even understand it. When I think about this Big Think by head hurts. There's no answer. It's a circle. How do you prove or disprove something that has no proof. You either have to blindly believe or blindly reject. Either way, you're blind, and that doesn't sound too good to me. That's just one more reason that I choose art. Honestly I wish I could believe in god. To believe so fully and whole heartedly is admirable. I am envious of those who have such faith without the need of evidence or proof. But I can't be like that. I can't be blind. Which is why art is my religion. Like I said before, I need something to believe in, and it can't be religion. Despite all my problems I have with religion, the main reason I don't choose it is because I don't know what to make of it. Whether this is how god "intended" it or not, I don't know and I don't care. I can't believe in someone who doesn't have the guts to prove their existence (because if this is how god intended it, it seems kind of cowardly if you ask me). Again, this is why I choose art. Artists are the gutsiest people alive. They are brave... they take risks... they have faith (and not in some god, but in themselves). Those are the kind of people who I want to believe in. That's the kind of person I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment